There is a lot at stake for Kentucky in tonights matchup against Florida. A chance to prove yourself against another high quality opponent on a national level, continuing to climb the ladder to a status where the program starts to get more respect on a national level, solidifying that Kentucky is in that tier 3 level of the SEC, leaving behind the South Carolinas, the Missouris, and the Tennessees of the world; right behind the juggernauts of Alabama and Georgia.
The Cats also will throw away their undefeated record, not have a ranking by their name on Monday, and continue their losing streak of 36 years to the Gators in Lexington. I don't know about you, but I am tired of Florida holding this streak over our heads and it's about time we punch them in the mouth. We already took out the streak down at The Swamp, now it's time we defend our home turf and take no disrespect while we do it.
A win tonight would mean a lot of things.
- Make UK 5-0 for the first time since 2018 and just the fourth time in the last 70 years
- Move UK to 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since 2018, just the second time since 1977 and only the fifth time in school history
- Move Mark Stoops to 54 career victories at UK, moving him within just six wins away from tying Paul "Bear" Bryant's school record
- Give UK its first win over a top-ten team since defeating South Carolina in 2010, 31-28, in Lexington
- Snap a two-game losing streak to Florida, and a 16-game losing streak in Lexington
and most importantly, LEXINGTON WILL BURN.